Landmark Château Margaux Auction To Be Held In New York
Sotheby’s will be holding an auction of legendary Chateau Margaux wines declared as "truly historic" by CEO Jamie Ritchie. In addition to the fine wine, those bidding can try for a lot that includes visiting the estate.
239 lots, worth an estimated US$1-1.4m will be offered at the auction on October 17th. Included in the auction are single bottles from the celebrated 1900 and 1945 vintages, as well as vertical lots marking the ownership of the Mentzelopoulos family since 1978.
Highlights of the sale include:
• One bottle of Margaux 1900 (estimate $10,000-15,000)
• One bottle of Margaux 1945 (est $3,000-4,000)
• One bottle of Margaux 1953 (est $2,000-2,800)
• Vertical 10-bottle and -magnum lots covering the 2000s, 1990s and 1980s
• Vertical 35-bottle and -magnum lots covering the Mentzelopoulos era (1978-2012)
Related Link: Decanter