Coche Dury Coche Dury, Puligny Montrachet, Burgundy, France


ABOUT THE WINERY

Based in Mersault and originally founded by Léon Coche in the 1920s, Coche-Dury has come to be known as one of the top producers of truly superior Chardonnay-driven wine in all of Burgundy. The estate was renamed upon the marriage of Léon’s grandson, Jean-François Coche, to Odile Dury in 1975. The union added to the family’s holdings, after which the estate evolved intoDomaine Coche-Dury.The Coche family still runs the 22 hectares of vineyards, and produces only 3,500 cases annually, depending on the vintage. Coche-Dury features Aligoté, Chardonnay and Pinot Noir varietals on tiny parcels across six communes: Meursault, Puligny-Montrachet, Auxey-Duresses, Monthelie,Volnay, and the Corton grand cru vineyard.At present, the estate uses only 70%, with the remaining 30% being sold to notable négociants such as Louis Latour and Louis Jadot. Unlike many other producers in Burgundy, the family has continued to shun the use of clones, but instead remains true to traditions such as long vinifications with extended lees contact. This latter step succeeds in mitigating oxidation and ensures the freshness of the domaine’s superior signature grapes. While Coche-Dury producesreds from its Pinot Noir, it is most legendary for its Chardonnay, with its sole Grand Cru, Corton-Charlesmagne, consistently ranked as one of the most collectible and expensive on the international fine wine market. Premier Cru wines hailing from Meursault's Les Charmes and Les Perrieres vineyards are among the most expensive wines from the Côte de Beaune, and the Coche-Dury Meursault is among the most popular.


Coche Dury Wine List

------------------